32 Real Estate, Investing and Economics Blogs I Read
Here you go, straight out of my RSS reader. These are 32 of the blogs I follow via RSS. If you’re a new real estate investor and you’re looking for reading material this should let you get started.
- Alberta Bubble – Every investor should follow a bubble blog or two. When I went through my RSS feeds I noticed that 2 of the 4 bubble bloggers I followed had quit blogging and 3 of the 4 had bought houses.
- Andrew C. MacDonald – A young REIN member from Ontario.
- Brent Davies – Former Property Manager now Realtor. Also, my Dad.
- Calgary Real Estate Discussion – One of two Calgary blogs I follow, not as often updated at #5.
- Calgary Real Estate Market Blog – I’m not often sure which side of the coin Radley’s on, but he writes good stuff usually.
- Canadian Capitalist – Great general investing advice.
- Canadian Mortgage News & Canada’s Mortgage Trends – Good source for mortgage advice.
- Chris Davies – Me!
- CMHC News Releases — Prairie and Territories Region – CMHC’s Press Releases
- CREA News – Canadian Real Estate Assoc News
- Dan’s Real Estate Blog – Dan Eisenhauer, another REIN member.
- Edmonton Industrial Real Estate Blog – Industrial/Commercial isn’t my bag, but it’s good to keep an eye on it.
- Edmonton Real Estate Blog – Sara and Sheldon’s blog, one of my absolute favorites.
- Edmonton Real Estate Investor Michelle Millar’s blog from Japan.
- GeekEstate Blog – Computers and Real Estate!
- Go Beyond MLS – Another Web 2.0 real estate blog.
- Greater Fool – He’s a twit who is only out to sell more of his books, however it’s a good idea of potential questions you might get from J.V. partners.
- I Love Rentals! – A US property management blog.
- It’s Lovely! I’ll Take It! – Entertaining photos taken from real estate listings.
- Real Estate Investing For Real (from BiggerPockets) – A big US investing and Realtor community.
- HomeVestors – Another kind of REIN wannabe.
- REal Experts Inc. Blog – Brian Persaud’s site. He writes great stuff and has guest blogged here several times.
- REINTeam’s videos – Catch the videos from REIN as soon as they get uploaded.
- Saskatoon Real Estate Resource Centre – A Saskatoon Realtor.
- Statistics Canada, The Daily – If you want to keep an eye on everything from Alfalfa Exports to how many Xrays we’re getting, this is the one to follow.
- TD Economics – Toronto Dominion’s Econ department, about once a week.
- The Calgary Real Estate Blog – Jared’s blog. Not that frequently updated, but pretty good and he does the stats.
- The Versatile Investor – Mark, another REIN member. Mostly RTO stuff.
- Tom Karadza & Nick Karadza – Two Realtors and investors in Ontario.
- Toronto Real Estate Blog – Toronto stats and such.
- Upcoming REIN™ Events – Notices and agenda stuff for REIN meetings.
- Worthwhile Canadian Initiative – My favorite Econ blog.
Now obviously there’s some I should add, like the other banks, some I get via Twitter, like ATB Economist Todd Hirsch. I also get some via email subscriptions, but this is a pretty decent list for getting started.